Friday, August 24, 2007

one step at a time



I've been hearing about Craft, Inc. for weeks now. It sounds like something I really need to read. A part of me just decided one day last week that I wouldn't pursue the idea of making my crafty endeavor into a business. But the more I thought about going back to an office job, the more I hated the idea. I'm still stuck in the What Do I Do When I Grow Up mode. I had a career. I left that stressful job for a totally different life, which I really like.

I think I'm mostly just overwhelmed with the **idea** of trying to be creative AND businessey. I know there are things I need to do--seller's ID or tax ID, face-to-face venues, marketing (which is a HUGE thing with hydra parts), processing of credit cards... filing of taxes. And stuff I probably never thought about.

Which is why I think I should get this book. Maybe after I read it, I won't feel so at-ends with what I want to do.

1 comment:

CC said...

"I think I'm mostly just overwhelmed with the **idea** of trying to be creative AND businessey." --That is exactly where I am. Just the thought of all the things to do overwhelms me and discourages me from going after it. Can't wait to hear what you think of the book - I might have to get my hands on a copy for myself!

-Candace (www.craftydaisies.com)