We made cookies! We ran out of confectioners sugar, so we only had enough to make red and green, but had a bunch of sprinkles.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 09, 2008
talks about crafts.
"I always want things to become plush."
It makes my little geeky plush making heart zing.
1. I'm a terrible blogger. (As if the heavily infrequent posts don't show that already.)
2. I'm a gamer grrl. Or maybe I'm not hip enough to be a grrl, but I am female and I do game. I've been playing video games (console and PC/Mac) since I was a kid. We had Pong. I loved Pac Man. And I was pretty good at Asteroids and Space Invaders. I love rpg-type games, adventure games, shooters (although FPS games make me nauseous), survival horror. I've played D&D, Call of Cthulu, the Word of Darkness rpgs, love all kinds of card games including Poker and stuff like Give Me the Brain and Plague and Pestilence. And yeah, I grew up playing Monopoly, Sorry, Uno, Life... WoW has been going strong since the first open beta so long ago... (obviously this is what keeps me from blogging...!)
3. I don't like Spam. Eeeevil in a can!
4. I love musicals and horror movies (you'd think I'd like Spam, then, because it's pretty horrific.)
5. I want so much to like flowers, but I'm not good about their care.
6. I'm really bad about hanging up pictures on the wall.
1. Link to the person who tagged you. (No one tagged me, but you can link back here. I promise to post more!)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (Go to plushteam.blogspot.com and tag my fellow plushie makers!)
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Here's the Renegade gang. Making stuff like crazy. More on the table, I just have to cut out more fleece.
My local JoAnn's has closed and the pricier craft store was out of safety eyes. So I may have to drive to the super JoAnn's, which is next door to the Michael's craft store. But I really ought to buy these safety eyes in bulk... or go back to using buttons as eyes. I like the flat expressions the safety eyes gives, though--I think it fits better with my simple shapes and candy colors.
In other news, I've started making a pop-up cards for all the friends' kids' birthdays.
I added a tag with a brad on the red part to help them find the "pull" for the pop up. I've made a couple of these--July was a hot month for birthdays--and only took one picture. *sigh* I really need to be better about documenting these things so I can remember what I did, who I did it for, and which stamp/color combo I used. I also made a slide card for another kidlet birthday, and also forgot to snap a picture. You'd never know I have a dedicated corner for snapping pictures, would you. Ha!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
The Plushteam had a Fairytale challenge. I was paired with the immensely wonderful Fuzfrenzy and we came up with Hansel & Gretel and Stone Soup. Crazy days swallowed all my time, and here, finally, are my stone soup ingredients. I was going to make a pot, but I'm already a month late, so here it is.
Monday, March 31, 2008
This was for the Bunny category. She's named Pinky and has a little pouch for her carrots.
This is Myrah, a pastel colored critter for the spring fling category.
Soon, voting will open up at the Plush Team site. Check it out. :)
(I also finally figured out how to make the images brighter on my camera, so hopefully the pictures won't be so dark. And starting in April, I'm going to attempt to update the blog a little more often.)
Friday, March 14, 2008
I added a matching tag with space on the back for To and From. They were filled with little candy hearts.
I like how they came out. It wasn't very time consuming and this same paper-strip-wrap could be used on a larger scale for presents.