Wednesday, January 03, 2007

thank yous

HIPPO HOPPYDAYS!

This was the primary card sent to friends and family for the holidays. The thing around the hippo's neck was some sparkly ribbon/fiber thing I picked up at Pier 1 of all places. My husband came up with the grinnable greeting, and I just happened to have the Rubber Soul hippo and other stamps... and I just really like the periwinkle color for hippos.

My sister bought me these sign language stamps for xmas, and I came up with these "thanks" cards using scraps in my scrap bin.


Then I used my circle "thank you" stamp and some other dots.


And then I got a little tired of using the pale blue base cardstock.


I like this sheep, part of the Rubber Soul self-adhesive clear stamps. I have the giraffe and the chameleon, but wanted the sheep and aligator and lion, so thought this set was the way to go.



I'm still not out of my cardmaking slump. Everything I make feels really really simple. Using 3-D embellishments on the cards makes it difficult to send through the mail--I'd recommend using a small padded envelope, which adds to overall cost. So, dunno. I love all the scrapbooking doodads and embellishments and printed papers, but don't really have any use for them. and I'm always thinking of designs for stamps I don't own.

And then my large 1.25" square punch broke. And I use that thing a lot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every try gluing string to wood or plastic to make custom stamps? Saw that one in a fabric-embellishment workshop.

Happy card-making!

Syne