Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Per request


The red stuffie was a specific request by N. He wanted one about the same size as the orange one, whose name is Little Kid Pumpkin stuffie. The orange one was going to be part of the autumn stuffies, but I goofed on one of the arms and had to sew it to the body rather than the arm being a part of the side seam. The small size also made it difficult to get the arms and legs stuffed and sewn to the body without a lot of hassel.

I have a lot of scraps that are too small to make pocket stuffies and too large to discard. This is mostly because I don't measure anything and just eyeball it; then I trim away excess and am left with a pile of usable scraps. But I'm drowning in them. What to do? I stuffed N's red guy with some scraps and it works fairly well as stuffing, although a bit lumpy. I might end up just slicing and cutting the weird sized pieces down so the stuffing is less lumpy. This way I can save the polyfill for stuffies I sell or gift. N doesn't care either way.



This is N's photo of his favorite toys--Rabbit is a Gund toy given to me by my sister when I was a freshman in college. It's become N's favorite toy, which isn't a surprise since I tucked it in his crib with him as soon as he was old enough to sleep with stuffed toys. And N, like a lot of people today, loves the digital camera. He just loves the instant view of the picture he's just taken--and he doesn't really care that it's blurry. :)

No comments: