Wednesday, August 23, 2006

new cards



I put two new sets of cards in the shop. They look rather simple, but I'm still trying to figure out a balance between cost of materials for me, price a customer is willing to pay for something they can't touch, labor, and time. I really don't want to spend hours and materials on a card, price the card at $8.95 (I saw a few mass-produced cards at Borders Books yesterday with this price that looked no differently, design-wise, than all the other DiY stuff) and then never sell any.

It's a little difficult to know what to do--I've seen lots of successful cardmakers out there who print their unique designs (not illustrated, but layout/graphic design) and price them around $15.00 for a set of 6-8. There are more expensive letterpress and screenprinted cardmakers out there, but that labor is just worth the money. A true letterpress is done individually, so my goodness, I can see how a letterpress set can cost around $25.

Thoughts? (*taptap* Is this thing on?)

1 comment:

ONLY ONE NAME JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” said...

Jesus said,"Do not be afraid.I am the First and Last. I am the Living one;I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!And I hold the keys of death and Hades"
Revelation 1:17c-18.